Director of Program Development
Empowering individuals to transform trauma into triumphs and transcend barriers of race, gender, and economic status
Founders Baptiste Power Yoga Capital District
· inspiring others to be the best version of themselves
· cultivating community and belonging through connection
· generating transformation both on & off the mat
Community Yoga Activist
"Bringing yoga where it isn't"
The Hangar ~ Jen Isaacs, Laura DiRado, Jennifer LaBoissiere
Baptiste Power Yoga Capital District
Trauma to Triumphs, inc.
"Cultivating a community where we rise together, embrace our differences, overcome obstacles, and empower each individual to become the best version of his/her/their SELF"
Due to growing health concerns surrounding large groups, we are postponing our 4/4/20 “Warriors on Wings” event.
In lieu of a large group gathering, we can customize Individual private sessions; nutrition plans that enhance overall health and immunity; and Yoga routines that overcome the fear, anxiety, and stress that have a negative impact on the immune system. Our shared purpose is to create a community where we elevate, support, and inspire one another in all circumstances that confront us.
Schedule (all included with $20 day pass): Doors Open 8:30 am
9:00 am-10:00am: Morning Yoga
9:00-1:00 Self-Care & Wellness
· Smoothies & Juice Tastings ~ Enhance your Health! Celebrating local produce and plant-based products
· Yoga Consultations ~ Individual assessment with certified yoga experts
· Journaling ~ Providing tools to become aware of your fears, blocks, life purpose, anger, emotions, & ability to heal
· Cupping with Leah ~
Leah holds a Masters' degree in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
12:00pm-1:00pm: Afternoon Yoga
Photo opportunity with WWII Warbirds honoring veterans
Journaling encompasses fun forms of writing from recording daily events, goal setting, tracking, accountability, to do lists, and story. It can be healing, transformative, life changing, as well as life saving. Journaling helps us figure out what matters.
Join local author, Janine De Tillio Cammarata as she offers simple techniques to begin a journaling practice.
Leah holds a Masters' degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and enjoys a thriving practice at Repose Wellness in Albany NY. Leah uses acupuncture and Chinese medicine to treat a breadth of health issues, but focuses on women's health, emotional health, and pain management. By creating custom treatment plans, Leah is able to tailor treatment to the specific needs of the individual, and values taking the time to connect with her patients to deliver quality care. Acupuncture integrates well with mainstream medical treatments, and often allows patients to find a more natural approach to health care by empowering them to develop a more conscious relationship with their own bodies. She is excited to be part of your journey in wellness!
Jess Padula, Sheryl Campbell, & Tanya MacLeod
Founders Baptiste Power Yoga Capital District
"Our purpose is to inspire others to be the best version of themselves, cultivate community and belonging through connection and generate transformation both on and off the mat"
The Hanger at the Albany International Airport
· This year’s conference will consist of longer, more interactive sessions with experts and advocates knowledgeable about domestic violence, child custody, and child protective issues.
· The conference will take place at the beautifully-assigned Hanger, and most sessions will allow for plenty of discussion, Q and A, and interaction among attendees and presenters.
· Transportation to/from the conference hotel (TBA—a high end but reasonably priced hotel near the airport) and the Hanger will be provided.
· ALL MEALS and coffee breaks will be provided throughout the weekend to all BMCC XV attendees at the Hanger.
· Come together with fellow protective mothers, attorneys, advocates, activists, and mental health, self-help, and other specialists for a weekend of learning, relaxation, connection, and self-empowerment!
· Lower fee for protective moms-- $30 for the weekend—and other attendees--$50 for the weekend
100% of proceeds to support individuals overcoming trauma, PTSD, anxiety, & domestic violence
12:30-1:15 Trauma Sensitive Yoga with Lisa Mehos
To release traumatic experiences that are ‘stored’ in the body
2:00-3:00 Hatha Yoga with Community Yoga Activist Nikki Rogers
Utilizing yoga as a pathway to stress relief & a healthy lifestyle
3:30-4:15 Yoga for Anxiety with Nicole Laznovsky
Co-Owner at WellNest Studios - Fitness & Wellness
A mixed class incorporating Vinyasa & Yin & Meditation
5:30-6:30 Restorative Sunset Yoga
12pm-7pm Yoga instructors are available for questions & personalized demonstrations
A one-of-a-kind event!
Yoga for all levels at 9:00 am & 12:00 noon
· Smoothies & Juice Tastings
· Yoga Consultations
· Journaling with Janine
· Cupping with specialist in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
100% of proceeds to benefit survivors of trauma
Additional Details Below....