$20.00 day pass includes:
· Empowering yoga sessions
· juice/smoothie tastings
· Massage & Reiki
8:30 am: Doors Open
9:00 am: Morning Yoga
10:00-11:30: Healthy juice & snack tastings
12:00-1:00: Afternoon Yoga
Complimentary Massage & Reiki offered throughout the day on the Mezzanine Level
The Hanger at the Albany International Airport
· This year’s conference will consist of longer, more interactive sessions with experts and advocates knowledgeable about domestic violence, child custody, and child protective issues.
· The conference will take place at the beautifully-assigned Hanger, and most sessions will allow for plenty of discussion, Q and A, and interaction among attendees and presenters.
· Transportation to/from the conference hotel (TBA—a high end but reasonably priced hotel near the airport) and the Hanger will be provided.
· ALL MEALS and coffee breaks will be provided throughout the weekend to all BMCC XV attendees at the Hanger.
· Come together with fellow protective mothers, attorneys, advocates, activists, and mental health, self-help, and other specialists for a weekend of learning, relaxation, connection, and self-empowerment!
· Lower fee for protective moms-- $30 for the weekend—and other attendees--$50 for the weekend
100% of proceeds to support individuals overcoming trauma, PTSD, anxiety, & domestic violence
12:30-1:15 Trauma Sensitive Yoga with Lisa Mehos
To release traumatic experiences that are ‘stored’ in the body
2:00-3:00 Hatha Yoga with Community Yoga Activist Nikki Rogers
Utilizing yoga as a pathway to stress relief & a healthy lifestyle
3:30-4:15 Yoga for Anxiety with Nicole Laznovsky
Co-Owner at WellNest Studios - Fitness & Wellness
A mixed class incorporating Vinyasa & Yin & Meditation
5:30-6:30 Restorative Sunset Yoga
12pm-7pm Yoga instructors are available for questions & personalized demonstrations
Abusive parents are more likely to seek sole custody than nonviolent ones, and they are successful 70% of the time.
-AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION and AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION COMMISSION ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
AMERICAN CHILDREN ARE ORDERED INTO THE CUSTODY OF ABUSIVE PARENTS PER YEAR AFTER THEIR SAFE, PROTECTIVE PARENT ATTEMPTS TO PROTECT THEM THROUGH THE FAMILY COURT
Mothers who are victims of Domestic Violence are often depressed and suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress disorder, and as a result, can present poorly in court and to best interest attorneys and/or child evaluators.
~ AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION COMMISSION ON
The 14th Annual Battered Mothers Custody Conference Combining the Protective Mothers Movement with the #MeToo Movement
April 26th, 27th, and 28th Friday 4/26: 10 am- 9:00 pm
Saturday 8:30 -10:00 pm Sunday 8:30 - 2:00 pm
LOCATION: The Desmond Hotel 660 Albany Shaker Road,
Albany, New York 12211